898 Francisco Street
Welcome to 898 Francisco
This grand and historic six-bedroom, six-and-one-half-bathroom Tudor Revival home offers both classic elegance and comfortable family living on the north slope of Russian Hill. Enjoy sweeping and stunning views of Alcatraz Island, San Francisco Bay, Ghirardelli Square, Sausalito, Mt. Tamalpais, Tiburon, Belvedere Island, Angel Island, Aquatic Park and more. An adjacent 40 x 60 ft. lot is also available for $3,000,000 if purchased with the home.
The four-story home, memorialized in Evgeny Lushpin's "Evening Journey", is architecturally magnificent and has been well maintained, retaining much of its original rich and intricate period detail and charm. Enter through the Gothic-style stone archway and be greeted by a welcoming foyer and grand staircase. On this floor there is also a powder room, a library with a woodburning fireplace, a formal classic dining room with beautiful leaded-glass windows and original wood detail, and an elegant living room featuring a large woodburning fireplace and windows with big views of the bay. The spacious eat-in kitchen offers sweeping views of the north bay, including Sausalito, Mt. Tamalpais, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz, Aquatic Park and beyond, as well as direct indoor access to the two-car garage.
The second level offers a view master suite with two dressing rooms and large bathroom, a second ensuite bedroom and bathroom, and a third ensuite bedroom and bathroom offering jaw-dropping North Bay views spanning from the Marin Headlands to the Oakland Hills. A linen closet and mirrored wet bar complete this floor. The third floor has two large charming ensuite bedrooms with vaulted ceilings and generous closet space. Finally, the lower level offers a large family room, a gym/bonus room, a wine cellar, access to the private back yard and a sixth bedroom and bathroom.
• 6 bedrooms / 6.5 bathrooms
• Iconic Russian Hill location directly across Hyde Street from the new Francisco Park
• Breathtaking city and bay views
• Grand entrance with Gothic-style stone arch and iron gate
• Elegant staircase
• Classic formal dining room with original period detailing
• Intimate library with beautiful leaded-glass windows and woodburning fireplace
• Living room with large bay-view windows, original period detailing, two elegant chandeliers and large woodburning fireplace
• Spacious eat-in kitchen with stunning bay & Alcatraz views
• Bay-view master suite with 2 dressing rooms
• Downstairs: Large family room, wine cellar, gym/bonus room, bedroom and full bath
• Lush and serene back yard with mature landscaping
• 2-car garage with interior access
• Approximately 6,305 interior square feet per graphic artist
• Adjoining 40 x 60-ft. lot for $3,000,000 if purchased with the home