898 Francisco Street
Welcome to 898 Francisco!
This magnificent six-bedroom, six-and-one-half-bathroom Tudor Revival home offers both classic elegance and comfortable living on the north slope of Russian Hill. This home has everything you need for today's lifestyle: over 6300 square feet of interior space, a newly renovated kitchen, multiple bedrooms, extra spaces for at-home work and/or study, gym/exercise room, wine cellar, attached two-car garage, private and serene garden, a new park across the street for more outdoor recreation and enjoyment (no more driving across town to Golden Gate Park or Crissy Field!), shops and restaurants only two blocks away, and stunning northerly views sweeping from the Golden Gate Bridge to the Oakland Hills. An adjacent 40 x 60 ft. lot is also available for $3,000,000 if purchased with the home.
The four-story home, memorialized in Evgeny Lushpin's "Evening Journey", is architecturally magnificent and has been well maintained, with all the recent updates designed to flow seamlessly with the home’s original period detail and charm. The newly transformed eat-in kitchen boasts custom cabinets and countertops, new appliances, raised ceilings with beams and recessed lighting, all-new windows and new wood flooring, with the entry to the dining room now expanded for greater flow. The updated powder room and beautifully refinished wood floors throughout complete this dazzling first-floor makeover. On this level there is also a library with a woodburning fireplace, a formal classic dining room with beautiful leaded-glass windows and original wood detail, and an elegant living room featuring a large woodburning fireplace and windows with big views of the bay. The kitchen offers sweeping views of the north bay extending from the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito, Mt. Tamalpais, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz, Aquatic Park and beyond, as well as direct indoor access to the two-car garage. The exterior has been fully repainted in a beautiful shade of white for a fresh and contemporary look.
The second level offers newly refinished wood floors throughout and a view primary suite with two dressing rooms and large bathroom, a second ensuite bedroom and bathroom, and a third ensuite bedroom and bathroom offering jaw-dropping North Bay views spanning from the Golden Gate Bridge to the Oakland Hills. A linen closet and mirrored wet bar complete this floor. The third floor has two large charming ensuite bedrooms with vaulted ceilings, generous closets and spaces that can be used for home study. Finally, the lower level offers a large activity/entertainment room, a gym/bonus room, a wine cellar, access to the private back yard and a sixth bedroom and bathroom. This home has it all!
- 6 bedrooms / 6.5 bathrooms
- Newly renovated first floor with updated kitchen and updated powder room
- Newly refinished wood floors throughout the first and second levels
- Iconic Russian Hill location directly across Hyde Street from the new Francisco Park
- Breathtaking city and bay views
- Grand entrance with Gothic-style stone arch and iron gate
- Elegant staircase
- Classic formal dining room with original period detailing
- Intimate library/reading room with beautiful leaded-glass windows and woodburning fireplace
- Living room with large bay-view windows, original period detailing, two elegant chandeliers and large woodburning fireplace
- Spacious and updated eat-in kitchen with stunning bay & Alcatraz views
- Bay-view primary suite with 2 dressing rooms
- Downstairs: Large activity room, wine cellar, gym/bonus room, bedroom and full bath
- Lush and serene back yard with mature landscaping
- 2-car garage with interior access
- Multiple rooms for home offices or home study
- Approximately 6,305 interior square feet per graphic artist
- Adjoining 40 x 60-ft. buildable lot for $3,000,000 if purchased with the home